Thursday, October 15, 2015

Almost time....

Tomorrow will be the egg retrieval and thank goodness.  I am so ready for this part to be over!  I am so swollen, I look like I am about 3 1/2 to 4 months pregnant right now.  The headaches have improved but the swelling, pressure and back aches are killer at this point.  It looks like at this point we will have about 20 follicles tomorrow give or take.  Then it will be a daily waiting game of the progress of each one.  We will start with finding out how many follicles contained a viable egg, then how many fertilized and finally daily calls as to how many are growing properly or not.  We will implant the embryo on Wed of next week.  After talking to Dr. Dunn we will implant 1 or 2 depending on the quality of the embryos.  If we have a top quality embryo we will only implant 1 as this time around we do not want twins.  So we will not have that definite answer until Wednesday.  As of today, last night we took the Ovidrel, trigger shot and the final Ganirelix shot.  No shots tonight woo hoo!  Tonight I will take the antibiotics then nothing to eat or drink after midnight.  Then the note that made me laugh the most on my instructions.....no intercourse after 10pm on Wed 10/14!  Seriously that isn't happening the way I feel right now!  I can't imagine anyone wanting to have intercourse during this process but I guess they tell you this for a reason!  LOL!  So tomorrow morning we will be at the IVF lab at 5:30am. 

A good friend sent me the perfect scripture yesterday:
Philippians 4:4,7
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Blessings to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment