Monday, January 4, 2010

Baby its cold outside.....

Seriously, its too cold outside and its only getting worse. I live in south Texas for a reason, its warm OK its hot but that's OK I like it! I can't believe we will be having low temps in the low 20's for 4-5 days and the highs one day only the low 30's and the rest of the time the 40's for highs! Seriously did I move and I just don't remember it? They are even talking about sleet and snow again on Wed & Thurs. Now it is very rare to get sleet and snow in south Texas but to get it twice in one season is almost unheard of. I am so ready for summer! Of course if it does snow, I will be outside in it acting like a 12 year old again, but then I will be inside by the fireplace with a big cup of hot tea!

Last Thursday was a very sad day at my job when so many left for the their last time. Then when I got to work today it was even more horrible, the parking garage looks so empty and the building is so empty and the quite is deafening! I can't even imagine what Feb 26th is going to feel like. I have been here for so long the thought of no longer coming here to work everyday is really crazy. When this all started back in August and we found out we were all losing our jobs it seemed well a ways away. Its crazy how fast it got here!

Things are getting better with Chris's dad and he came home yesterday which was an absolute blessing, but last night was very rough. None of us got much sleep as he was up all night with pain. After Chris spent some time on the phone with the surgeon this morning they have determined this is normal for where he is and he doesn't need to be readmitted at this time. Things are going better this afternoon but he will be going to see the surgeon in his office on Wed so we will see what happens then. For now until he is completely recovered Chris's parents are staying with us because its easier for us not having to drive to their house every day and since his mom can't drive at all and he can't drive right now we need them with us until they can take care of themselves.

Until next time, Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment