Thursday, September 2, 2010

Update......

So today was harder than I expected and my IVF guru was so right.....it was a day at home today for me. As the day went on it got better. I still feel pretty crummy at the moment but it is now manageable. The worst part is that one of my biggest means of relaxation is a nice long hot bath and good book, well I can't soak in a tub or take a bath or even go swimming until after the pregnancy test! I can take a shower but its just not the same for me. At first I didn't think this would bother me when they told me yesterday but I have today realized that I long for my tub and the peace and relaxation it brings me. So now I am on a mission to find something to take its place this weekend and/or something to keep me occupied......haven't figured it out yet but I am working on it.

So for the update from the Dr......not exactly what we expected but we are OK and we know that God is in control. So out of the 24 eggs harvested after a much more in depth look 20 were healthy eggs. That meant ICSI (this is where they take a single sperm and inject it directly into the egg taking out the chance of the sperm not permeating the egg) was done on 20 healthy eggs. This was good news, then I got the news I wasn't really expecting. It seems that Chris's sample wasn't what the Dr expected and they struggled to find enough good healthy sperm. The good news is they did find enough, however only 7 of the 20 survived fertilization coming out strong and healthy fertilized eggs. This wasn't the number we were expecting seeing as how high our numbers had been, but the Dr kept saying there may only be 7 but they are very strong and great quality. They must have told me that 4 or 5 times over the 10 min conversation. So after we talked about it we know that God is in control and we have given this up to him. He has always taken care of us and we know that he will again. So we are going with it was really good news that we have 7 very healthy and strong at this point. After all we only need one to make this work but I am confident that we will have more than one. The Dr kept saying he fully expects all 7 to survive and grow until Monday our implantation day. So here's to praying for 7 healthy embryos to choose from on Monday, but again as long as we have one or two we will be fine. And again this is in God's hands and I am doing my best to stay positive. God how I wish I could take a bath, I don't know why but it always makes me feel better. So for my prayer request, please pray that we have healthy strong embryo's on Monday and please pray for me to find something to keep my mind occupied this weekend until Monday!

Until our next update, thanks for all of your prayers and please continue to pray. I know that God hears all.

I will end with a quote from a card that a dear friend left for me yesterday that meant the world to me and really says it all...

"Dream higher than a mountain, deeper than the sea, wider than the world - for the size of our dreams tells not how big we are but how big our God is." I have this hanging on the mirror in the bathroom to keep reminding me.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment