Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's been a year since.....

I had Diet Coke or soda of any kind. On Sept 14, 2008 I drank my last Diet Coke, and here we are on Sept 15, 2009 and its been a full year with none what so ever. For those that know me well know that this was a huge feat for me to accomplish. Chris had given up the Diet Coke back when he had his surgery the first time. But even though he had given it up and had no cravings for it, I had a hard time giving it up. After going to the Dr and Dr. Davis saying that I had to give it up for at least one month prior to surgery and for a year after surgery, I knew that I hadn't come this far to let something like Diet Coke stand in my way. You see I was drinking 6-8 cans of Diet Coke a day! Yes I know that was a horrible habit to get into but the truth of the matter was that was simply all I drank. So after going to Dr. Davis and insurance requiring 6 months with a nutritionist before they would approve my surgery I set my mind to giving up Diet Coke. I started weaning myself off on Sept 1, 2008 and on Sept 14, 2008 I drank my last Diet Coke! I was so proud of myself and its so strange to me how I don't miss it at all. Hopefully I can just stay away from it for the rest of my life. I can't tell you how much better I felt after giving it up. So today I celebrate one year without Diet Coke and have a big glass of decaffeinated iced tea.

We both weighed in today and were very happy with our results. As of today I am down to 214 lbs with a total lost of 89 lbs! And as of today Chris is down to 294 lbs and a total lost of 85 lbs! We are both still feeling great with the exception of a stomach virus we came down with on Monday. I tell you those are never fun but having one after gastric bypass surgery is miserably painful! Hopefully we will be in better shape tomorrow and I will be back at work.

As for work, we still don't know when they will be closing our office.....we are just waiting for the word. So please keep praying. Until next time, Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment