Sunday, December 6, 2009

Friday = Snow + Allergic Reaction

Can you believe it snowed in South Texas???? And not only did it snow we had some stick and it snowed for about 6 hours! Crazy just plain crazy!

The girls didn't think it was as fun as mommy and daddy....their little feet were freezing!



After playing in the snow we came in and snuggled with a fire in the fireplace and a cup of hot cocoa! Yum!
So you can see from the pictures that we had snow in South Texas which was crazy enough but on top of that and in the snow we had to get me to the Dr Fri morning because I was having a crazy allergic reaction that after 24 hours of Benadryl was continuing to spread and I was about to scratch my skin off of my body. I had these tiny bumps that started on the right shoulder on Wed, then on Thurs while at work I started itching like crazy so I put some Benadryl cream on my shoulder while at work. When I got home on Thurs evening and changed I noticed the same thing on my left shoulder. So I put on more Benadryl. Then about 8pm Thurs night my back and was starting to itch. Chris looked at my back and it had spread. So I took Benadryl by mouth after calling my mom and took an oatmeal bath however the oatmeal bath was a mistake. I got out and itched worse than before and really thought I would scratch my skin completely off. At this point I hoped that by Friday morning all would be good. That was not the case. On Fri morning it had all over my back, my legs and my chest. I told Chris, I know you don't want to get out in this weather (I worked from home because our office closed due to weather) but I have to go to the Dr. So we were there when he opened. Turns out I had an allergic reaction to the dye in a new shirt. So I looked at the Dr and said you are telling me I am allergic to my clothes! We all laughed. You see I always wash new clothes before wearing because I am so sensitive to dyes, perfumes, and everything else. Well apparently, I never washed one of the new shirts I had bought a few weeks ago and I wore it to work on Wed not even realizing I hadn't washed it. Well turns out there is something in the dye that I am very allergic to. So the Dr gave me some medicine and sent me home and said be glad it is so cold because if it was hot you would itch twice as bad. With that I told him about the oatmeal bath and he said that was the worst thing I could do. The type of rash I had spreads and gets worse when exposed to heat and especially hot water. So he told me no hot showers or baths until Monday morning! So here I am wishing like crazy I could take a hot bath but not wanting too at he same time because my itching is diminishing.
So seriously snow and an allergic reaction to you clothes all in one day in South Texas. Doesn't get much crazier than that, but I will say the snow was great while it lasted. Let me rephrase it was great for one day while I was snuggled up in the house. I live in South Texas for a reason......I hate the cold!
Until next time when I promise to post the pics from the photographer from a week ago, blessings to all! For a quick sneak peek, I have updated our profile pic on here to one of our new pics. Take a look!
God Bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment