Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Countdown...2 days to go (only 1 1/2 of work)....

And then its off to Schlitterbahn and San Antonio to celebrate my birthday! I am so excited. We are meeting some cousins at Schlitterbahn on Friday for the day then on to San Antonio that evening where we have a wonderful FREE...yes you heard me Free 2 room suite at the Embassy Suites on the Riverwalk! On Saturday night, my actual b-day, we are eating at the Chart House at the top of America's Tower. I have never been there but know a few who have and they say its wonderful! Of course we will be sharing a plate and we probably still won't be able to finish it, but thats ok. So we will be taking lots of pictures and I will do my best to get them on here soon after we get home on Sunday....but you know me, it might take a few days.

I have discovered in the last few weeks that the amount of food I can or can't eat doesn't bother me at all....I am just thrilled to have the tastes in my mouth. For instance, chips and salsa, I love chips and salsa and the fact that I don't eat a whole bowl....I really don't care that its only like 6 chips! Its just great having the flavors again! We are both still doing great and neither of us has gotten sick a single time. A week or two ago we went with my mom and step dad to a favorite restaurant of ours close to their house and we ordered meatloaf and split it. Well we had enough left over from that one plate to both have lunch out of it the next day. To that my mom and Mike replied with "Ya'll are such cheap dates now!" Wow I don't mind being called cheap in that context.

One last thing before I wrap things up since I am still at work and my report just finished running.....please say some extra prayers for our dear friends Ang & B as they begin the IVF process again in the next week or two. They need all the prayers and good thoughts we have to give.

Until next time when I will be a year older but skinnier (I just love saying skinny!).....Blessings to all!

1 comment:

  1. YEA for you and happy early b-day! We just got back from Schlitterbahn and San Antonio a couple of weeks ago and it was great!! Hope y'all have a great time and can't wait to see pics of Mr. and Mrs. Skinny from your fun!!

    ReplyDelete