Monday, August 17, 2009

We're Home!!!!

We got home about 8:30 last night and the girls were so happy to see us. We got lots of puppy kisses! They had fun at Grandma & Grandpa's playing with Gracie but I think they were glad to have us home. We had an absolute blast. We got to Schlitterbahn with my cousin, his wife and daughter about 10:30 Friday morning and we closed it down at 8:00pm that night. It was very crowded and the lines were long but we still had a great time! From there we went to dinner at Crystal Springs and I think they have the best catfish I have ever had! It was wonderful. We ate and talked and talked and talked some more before we realized that we were the only ones left in the building and they were closed. So we gathered up and headed out. We told them bye and got hugs from Miss Caitlyn and we were on our way to the hotel in San Antonio. We got there about 11:30pm and we were so tired and worn out. We both said, if we hadn't lost the weight we don't think we would have made it with all the walking, climbing hills and the heat! We got in the room unpacked, showered and went to bed! We got up the next morning and had a great made to order omelet breakfast before we left for the RiverWalk. When we first got to the RiverWalk we made our way to the boat so that we could get a good view and decide exactly what all we wanted to do. Of course with our luck the boat broke down! And they were about to move us to another boat when the mechanic showed up and one two three he fixed it and we were on our way. After that we ate at Casa Rio some wonderful Mexican Food! From there we walked around all over and ended up going and doing the old fashion photos. They turned out great! From there we hit the wax museum and Ripley's. Then we did a little shopping and headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. For dinner we went to The Chart House at the top of Tower America (it spins so get a full view of the city). Our reservations were at 8:30. We got there around 8:00 and now I was worried because I wasn't sure Chris was going to go up. You see he is scared of heights. He can look out but not down. So he got his nerve up and they sardined us in the elevator that one side is glass and when he saw that he almost died. So he was up against the wall with his head buried against the wooden wall holding on to the bar for dear life. I on the other hand hate elevators and am very claustrophobic so I have my back against the wood wall holding on to the bar for dear life while looking out the glass because then I don't feel so trapped. We made it to the top and we were both doing good. We sat and waited for our table and watched the sunset and the lights come up on the town. It was beautiful. So now they come to take us to our table and we are up against the windows.....Chris almost passed out. He looked at me and said I will be back I can't do this. So the hostess said no problem, let me sit you on the inner section. So she did and this worked so much better for Chris. Against the window you could see straight to the ground because the windows were curved the inner section was about 2 feet above the outer section so you could still see the city looking out but not see straight down and because it was raised you did not have heads in the way of your view. We enjoyed one of the best meals I have ever had. The food was fabulous. We had shrimp and crab fondue and a dish called Shrimp Fresca. It was angel hair pasta in a white wine sauce with tomatoes and peppers and topped with Parmesan crusted shrimp. It was to die for. If you are in San Antonio I highly recommend it. After dinner we went to the IMAX 4D and then back to the hotel about midnight. We got up Sunday morning and had another great breakfast and then headed off to Gruene, TX. We walked and shopped and walked and shopped and had a wonderful lunch at the Gristmill. YUMMY! We got home about 8:30 last night and although we had a blast we were glad to be home in our own bed with our babies! So I definitely had a great birthday weekend and one I won't soon forget. I promise, as soon as I get a moment, I will get all the pics uploaded but give me a couple days to get it done. Also we both go to the Dr on Thursday for the 10 vials of blood. So please pray that they can find my veins and I don't get poked 10 times! They never have problems getting blood from Chris, but me its always drama. Until next time, Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment