Monday, August 24, 2009

Doctor Appt 8/20 Update








I know its a little late, but my theory is better late than never. Above are the pics we took on the morning of Thursday August 20th before leaving for the Doctor's office. At the Dr everything went well. We lucked out and because we haven't had any complications, problems, aches, pains or anything else, Dr. Davis decided to wait until our 6 month appointment to do the 10 vials of blood and all the tests. So at least I didn't get tortured this time, but I will get tortured on our next appointment which is on Dec 3! Dr. Davis was extremely happy with our progress and said to keep up the good work and he can't wait to see us in 3 more months but that he probably won't recognize us. So for the record the official weigh-in for Chris was 304 which means he is down a total of 75 lbs as of Thursday. As for me, my official weight was 224 which means I am down a total of 79 lbs! We both feel great and I feel better than I have in years.
For my birthday this year I got a bike (yes its is what I asked for) which shocked everyone especially my husband. You see about 2 years ago we went to buy me a bike and I freaked out and started crying when I sat on it because I was scared to death I couldn't balance or anything. So needless to say I didn't get a bike then. Well a few weeks ago we were in Academy and I walked over to the bikes and found an old fashion bike (called a beach cruiser) that is very basic no speeds no nothing, just the old time foot brakes. So I told Chris to get it down for me, I wanted to try again! Well I was nervous but felt fine and wasn't scared to death and I had balance again. So I got the bike for my birthday and yesterday we went for our first bike ride. We rode for a whole hour and went like 5 miles! I couldn't believe it. I just knew I wouldn't be able to get out of bed this morning, but both of us did without a problem. We were a little sore but that's all. After it stopped raining here this evening, we went again for an hour and another 5 miles. Its amazing what losing almost 80 lbs can do for you. I feel great and so does Chris. Well that's the latest in our world. Hopefully one day this week we can get some pics on the bikes to post. Until next time, blessings to you all!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! A Bike? I'm SOOOO impressed. That's a HUGE accomplishment! Take joy in these blessings as you will find that the smaller you get, the more of them will begin to appear!!! I'm so proud for and of you two!

    ReplyDelete