Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Yeah this is where my mommy would say you are such a Leo to the core! And for those that know me, you know I am a typical Leo. My theory is if everyone would just see things my way, life would be much easier. So Sunday was my 35th birthday! We had a great weekend in New Braunfels at Schlitterbahn. It was packed but we still had a great time. And my hubby surprised me with a gift certificate for a massage! Can't wait to use that possibly this coming weekend.

So today started at the Dr's office and we are really full on into the IVF process. This morning started with an ultrasound and some blood work. We then met with my nurse Maria who said everything looked perfect on the ultrasound and as long as the blood work came back right that we are set to start 2 of the injections, Menopur & Follistim, on Tuesday evening. She covered with Chris again to make sure he knew how to give me all the different shots. She sent us on our way, and told us to make an appt for Friday. So on the way down to get the blood drawn, we made our appt. After having the blood drawn, which by the way I had the best person ever draw my blood....only one poke and no pain and I was out in like 3 minutes, we then stopped and picked up all of the prescriptions for this whole process and we were on our way to work. So the basic calendar at this point in time is an estimated harvest date of Aug 30th and an estimated implantation date of Sept 5th. Then that means by mid-Sept to the third week of Sept we will know if we are preggers or not. So about 3:00 this afternoon Maria called and said everything looks great, start the 2 shots on Tuesday night at 9:00pm. So I seriously have never looked forward to shots in my life, but right now I am looking forward to it. However, something tells me after the first set I won't be so excited about it, but I will be excited about what this will lead to. For the past 3 weeks since I was only taking the birth control pills and didn't really have any Dr appts it was hard to remember this whole thing was in process but after today I definitely know I am in the middle of IVF and I couldn't be more excited. It is such a strange feeling to not be scared and nervous about this whole process, but for some reason, I am really at peace with everything no matter what happens. This helps me to know I have made the right decision with God's guidance. God has made sure I am at ease and calm and for that I am blessed and thankful. So please continue praying that this whole process goes smoothly and that we have a positive outcome.

Until next time....Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Love you both and I can't wait to go on this journey with you!!! If you need nurse Ang to come give shots tomorrow just give me a shout! Dr. Daddy is always available too! :) Amy, keep your laid back, relaxed attitude and just let God do His work...blessings are coming your way dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys. I know this is a trying time for you both, but I'm praying for peace! It seems like every day I see another friend of mine announcing her pregnancy...sure am ready for that to be me! I know you feel that way too and I hope we can find out we're pregnant within mere weeks of each other...HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE????

    ReplyDelete