Monday, August 30, 2010

Harvest set....massage......Amy vs the Toilet......

I am sure this title has you puzzled beyond belief so here goes.

First up the update from today's Dr appointment.

35 Follicies/eggs in total measuring over 10
25 of these 35 measure over 15 and as big as 21 (we want them 16 and over)
8 of the 35 measure over 14 but not 15
2 of the 35 measure between 12-13
Estradil level - I don't know, forgot to ask!

So at the Dr office today this morning I broke down again.....it seems everything looked great and the nurse said I am almost sure about 90% sure harvest will be on Wed but there is a chance it will be on Thursday. At that point the tears began to fall. Maria said try to relax and here are the instructions for a harvest on Wed and you will hear from me this afternoon. So the day seemed to drag by and the more time that passed the more paranoid I got that it wouldn't be on Thursday. Finally around 3:00 the phone rang and it was Maria! The first words out of her mouth, you need to follow the schedule I gave you and your harvest will be on WEDNESDAY! Hallelujah! So that means tonight at 8 pm the only shot I had to take was the Orvadril and Chris has to take his antibiotics. Tomorrow night I take my antibiotics and I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight. Wed morning we have to be there at 7am and the harvest will be done around 8am and will last about 45 min to an hour. Once I wake up Chris will bring me home to rest for the rest of the day. This means the implantation will be on Monday, Labor Day! So I am still very uncomfortable but my mental state is much better just knowing when the end will be.

So tonight I went and got a massage. After the weekend I knew it was a must. And boy was I right......I am positively feeling wonderful well except for the pressure in my back and belly but its better than it was for now. I know shortly it will all be back but at least I had a little break from it all today....boy did I need it. :)

Now for an absolutely funny story....I can't believe I am posting this but here goes.....
So as you all know I have lost a lot of weight and well everything has gotten big and its had to be replaced. Well there is no replacing the wedding ring....instead you should have it sized. Well here's the thing I have been putting off having it sized until after the whole IVF and hopefully pregnancy. So to say that my wedding ring is too big is an understatement. So I had been wearing it on my middle finger, and for some strange reason on Tuesday of last week I put it on my ring finger like a dummy. Well right before lunch I went to the bathroom. As my crazy luck would have it, my ring falls off my finger right into the toilet! Seriously! So my first reaction is to jump up and like and idiot I did jump up at which point I remembered the toilets at work are auto flush! So with that I shove my sleeve up my arm shove my hand and arm in after my ring. YES I DID! Thankfully I made it in, in time and caught my ring. I pulled it out and my heart was racing like crazy and I was basically hyperventilating! All I could think at the moment I dropped it in the toilet was who will freak out more my husband or his mom. You see the solitaire in my engagement ring was her great grandfathers......and there isn't anything you can do to replace it! So I have my ring and I grab the toilet paper to wrap it up and try to dry my hand and arm off so I can pull up my pants. Now I am looking at my ring and my hand and arm and I am totally grossed out. I rush out of the stall to the sink and yes the soap and water are automatic. So I stand there with one hand under the water so it will heat up as hot as I can get it and the other is under the soap dispenser just about emptying the whole bottle in my hand. I then proceed to scrub my hands and arm and ring as much as I can....I think I was scrubbing for about 20 min! Now I leave the bathroom and its time to eat lunch. Seriously how do I eat lunch now....I am grossed out. However I have only 20 minutes to eat before I have to go to a meeting. So I do my best to get some lunch down. So I can tell you now that my wedding ring is home and has made its way to my jewelry box where it will stay until it gets sized and in the meantime I am wearing a gold band with rubies and diamonds as my wedding ring that Chris bought me for our 5th wedding anniversary that I use to wear on my pinkie! So as I see it Amy - 1 Toilet - 0!

Until next time when hopefully I won't have a ridiculous story to tell.....Blessings to each and everyone of you and please continue to pray for us. I will do my best to make an update on Wed.

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh - I'm not sure what to address first! hahahaha

    Yes I am - CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THAT YOUR LITTLE EGGS ARE TURNING INTO A BABY!!!!! SUCH a miracle! You're almost there, just one more day!!!

    And now, for the "important" part - I would have done the EXACT same thing if it was my wedding ring...grossed out or not, you've got your ring back!

    ReplyDelete