Monday, August 23, 2010

Progress Update

So our appointments have gone well.

Friday's was informative but uneventful. Basically it was too early to see anything on the ultrasound and the driving factor would be the blood work. When Maria called that afternoon with the blood results everything was right where it was expected to be and she said to continue rwith 225 of Follistim and 75 of Menopur and we will see you on Monday. So we left the Dr office and went to Kemah for what suppose to be the whole afternoon/evening. We had a wonderful late lunch at the Flying Dutchman and walked around a little bit through a few shops right by the restaurants and then got in the car to head to the other shops at which point I told Chris, I really don't feel like walking the stores anymore. I am tired and my head is starting to pound again. He laughed and said I expected you to say that. So we stopped and got an ice cream and headed home. We were home by around 4 in the afternoon and we took a 3 hour nap. I tell you these drugs are not only giving me hot flashes and giving me a headache but I feel like I could sleep for a week straight!

We had a nice weekend and celebrated my birthday on Sunday with my parents and Chris's parents. I got some wonderful gifts from everyone including gift certificates for some massages to help me relax through this IVF adventure.

So this morning we got to the Dr and I told Chris I was starting to really feel bloated. Well we shortly found out why. I had the ultrasound first and it took longer than the last few and was rather uncomfortable. Not painful but lots of pressure. So when we were done, we waited for the nurse to call us in. Maria called us in and asked how I was feeling. I said I am starting to feel bloated. She said well that is because you are growing 18 eggs right now and 5 of them are already measuring. She said this was excellent and we are progressing along greatly. She asked how the headaches were doing and I said they are constant and when I take the Tylenol they dull but never go away. She said that was normal and to just keep taking the Tylenol every 4-6 hours. For me the worst part of the headaches is waking up in the morning to a horrible throbbing pounding headache. I can handle the dull constant headache but to wake up in the morning throbbing is just no fun. But its all worth it in the end so I plug along. So after speaking with the nurse, Maria, we headed down to have the blood work done. This would tell us the rest of the story and Maria would call me in the afternoon with the results and to tell me if or how we would change my medicine. So this blood test was to test for LH, progesterone, and estradil. About 2:45 this afternoon Maria called. She said everything looked great. My estradil was 518, and both my LH and progesterone were low and that was wanted they wanted to see. She said to continue with the injections as before and they will see me on Wed. She expects all my levels to be higher on Wed and to see some good growth of the eggs and if that is the case we will begin the third injection, ganerelix.

So to top of today, I got my first massage at 7 pm tonight and all I can say is HEAVEN!

So all in all we are moving right along and I am sucking up and taking the side effects because in the end it will all be worth it. We are expecting a harvest date of somewhere between Sat & Tues so its just around the corner. I can hardly believe it. Although to many it seems fast, to me these last days have seemed to last forever and it seems like forever until the weekend, but I will work on relaxing and being happy while the time passes by.

So if you would please continue praying and I will update soon. Until next time, Blessings to each and every one of you. We can't thank you enough for your continued prayers and support! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment