Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Call from Dr today.....

So today I got the call from the Dr to give me the results of my tests from last Tuesday. The good news is that I passed the one hour glucose test with flying colors. For that I am so grateful because the thought of having to do that test again over 3 hours was not a pleasant thought. In not so good news, I am still anemic, so they are addressing that with more iron and if it bothers my stomach too much we will try something else like an injection or infusion. Then to my complete surprise, I was told I have a urinary tract & bladder infection. When the nurse told me this, I was like are you sure? And she said yes I am sure and as a matter of fact it is pretty bad. So she asked if I was having any pain going potty or back pain or fever or anything and I said no not at all. I said I am peeing a lot but I thought that was normal. So she said well it is normal at this stage, but she wanted to know how often I got up at night. To that I told her about every 1.5-2 hours. She said wow that is a bit excessive at this point and that is a sign of the UTI. So I picked up an antibiotic on my way home from work and hopefully that will kick it out of my system pretty quickly. So all in all not the best news ever and not the worst news. Other than that all my blood work and what not looked good and she said they would see me next week. So I am about to take my medicine my 125 mg of iron and hit the sheets for the night because with all the peeing I do I don't get much sleep.

In the next day or two stay tuned to see my 29 weeks (this past Tuesday) bump pics and pics of Colton's room so far.

Until next time, blessings to you All!

No comments:

Post a Comment