Tuesday, March 1, 2011

28 weeks....Dr appt

So today I am 28 weeks and we had a Dr appt including the lovely glucose test.

First let me just vent a second....could I please just find someone in the lab that doesn't blow my vein every time they draw blood and hurt me and leave big bruises that last for weeks? I am just sayin....but now that I got that out, I am moving on.

So the morning started with a very empty stomach and a very unhappy little boy in there and at 8:30 am it was time to drink the disgusting sugar drink. I know most everyone complains about this, but after having gastric bypass this is just pure torture. First of all my little pouch doesn't hold that much liquid in 5 min so getting the whole bottle down wasn't easy. But I finally managed to get it down but it felt like it was backing up in my mouth because I didn't have enough room. Thankfully I was able to get it down and keep it down but the nausea I felt was pure torture and to say that my little man didn't like it was an understatement. Finally the hour passed and the lab tech tortured me with a needle, I mean drew my blood and I was off to my Dr. appt. However on the way up to the 4th floor, I looked at Chris and said I need to get to a bathroom NOW! And off I ran because the lovely side effect from gastric bypass had hit me, dumping syndrome! And so I spent the next 20 min in the bathroom in pain and wishing I could just get it out of my system. Finally it passed and I got myself together and off we headed to the Dr's appt.

So at the Dr appointment I was a bit nervous to find out how much weight I had gained. You see over the weekend I had 3 different people ask when I was due and when I said the end of May they all 3 said oh wow I thought you were only a a few weeks away! To say I was upset is an understatement....LOL! Well to my delight I have only gained a total of 11.5 lbs and the Dr said I am doing fine but that I have a big baby and I am a small short person and so he has no where to go except out. She said I can expect to look around 4-6 weeks bigger than I really am because I have no room. I laughed and said well I can vouch for the fact that I am running out of room! LOL! At any rate, his heart rate was 147 and my blood pressure was 123/68 and she said we were both doing perfectly well and healthy. She said to keep doing whatever I am doing and she will see me in two weeks. Yep now we go back every 2 weeks.....wow its starting to get close :) We have another ultrasound on 4/13 and by the grace of God the placenta previa will have completely moved. I had to laugh when she asked if he is moving around a lot now. I so oh yes, i am pretty sure he has his daddy's ADHD since he moves all day and all night!

We go on 3/15 for our hospital tour and we registered for the baby first aid class and a breast feeding class the first Sunday in April. Wow is reality starting to slap me in the face......I can still barely believe we will be having a baby in about 12 weeks! 12 WEEKS....are you kidding me? LOL!

I have lots of sharing posts planned for the next few weeks, so stay tuned as we begin revealing details of our little miracle man, pics from the last ultrasound and pics of my ever growing belly. So stay tuned......

Until next time....Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I am the mom of two and can't begin to tell you how much fun it is! It's alot of work too, but SO worth it! Can't wait to hear more and especially can't wait to hear about and see pics of him after he makes his arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man - I didn't even THINK about how the glucose would make you dump...YUCK!! I know from my mom how horrible dumping is...glad you got a good report though and now that's done!! But, Hello...PICTURES??

    ReplyDelete