Sunday, March 13, 2011

Colton's Room Phase One....

The blank slate before after all the baseboards had been pulled up.....

And the painting begins......

Mommy hard at work, after putting up the new baseboards, bead board and chair rail, we had to tape and paint it.

Daddy hard at work painting......

The finished product after bead board and painting.

This gives you a small idea of our theme, under the sea. I ordered the switch plate covers off of EBay along with matching knobs for the dresser. (you will get to see that in the Phase Two update as soon as its done)

Colton's bed.......sweet dreams sweet baby boy.

The rocker and the bed together. Not sure if this is the spot they will stay in yet, but we will see.
So this is our progress on his room so far. We spent this weekend refinishing a chest of drawers and an armoir that we are converting to a changing table. We have one more coat of paint to do this week and we will be done and can move them into Colton's room. I am so excited......I can't wait to have his room done. The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning out a closet and some cabinets to make room for little man's necessary stuff and what a great chance for mommy to clean the place out! LOL!
We are excited for next weekend, because it is the first of our baby showers. Can't wait.....If you had told me 5 even 2 or 3 years ago that I would be going to my own baby shower, I would have told you that you were crazy. I can hardly believe it is all happening so fast. This has honestly been our greatest blessing so far.
I am feeling good and the antibiotic seems to be helping with the UTI, of course we will get confirmation of that tomorrow at the Dr. appointment. And I can hardly believe that Tuesday will mark 30 weeks! How amazing is that? Only 10 weeks left.......I must say I am getting a bit nervous! I have only prayed for these days everyday for the last 13 years but now that it is a reality, I am starting to get a little strung out. Oh well, I guess it comes with the territory.
Colton is still moving around like crazy. Its just that now its starting to get a bit painful since I think he is running out of room. Well I need to get a shower and get to bed so that I can go to the Dr and to work tomorrow and get there on time. This whole time change will have me screwed up for a few weeks.
Until next time.....Blessings to each and everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment