Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm HOME!!!!

I got home around noon yesterday (Thursday). I was so glad to be home in my own bed not getting woken up every hour with them wanting to draw blood, take my temp, take my BP and so on and so on. Everything went very well and according to the Dr I was a very textbook case. WHOO! I was normal probably for the first time ever. The only thing that did go wrong was I was suppose to have surgery at noon on Tues but he had a emergency on Tues morning and I didn't go into surgery until 3 on Tues. They took me back to get prepped at 1:20 and they had a heck of a time getting the IV in. You know its bad when the Anesthesiologist and the PA say you get one last try and if you don't get it we will not let you torture her anymore we will give her gas and put it in right before we start surgery. They finally got it on the third try after I cried a few buckets of tears and got my blood pressure up. The next thing I knew they said we are ready to take you back and I saw my hubby and my mommy for about 2 min and I was in the surgery room. I remember them moving me on to the table which was freezing cold and the next thing I remember is being in my room and hearing every one's voices and seeing my step dad sitting at the foot of the bed. Not sure what time everyone left because I was pretty out of it but at some point Tues night (hubby stayed at the hospital with me) nurse Jared came in and said we need to get you up and walk a little tonight. I remember looking at Chris and back at Jared and saying are you kidding and he said no. The Dr. wants you to walk a short distance tonight. I groaned and said ok lets get it over with. Let me just say this is when I realized the pain and started pushing my morphine button. It took a while but they finally got me sitting on the side of the bed and now it was time to stand up. I stood up and got really dizzy so I held on to my hubby and it got better. Then I apparently got really flush in the face and Jared asked if I was ok, I said no I think I am going to be sick. So he grabbed the bucket and sat me back on the side of the bed. I didn't get sick and felt better after several minutes and Jared said, well lets get you back in bed and try again in an hour. I looked at Chris and back at him and said no way. I got this far, I am finishing this walking thing for tonight. I told Jared push my button again and we got up and I walked a 1/4 of the hall. When I got back and got in bed I was very sore to say the least. That night I didn't get much sleep because every time I went to sleep someone else came in to check something or give me a shot or take blood or something. On Wed I started walking (I had to walk every 2 hours) and by the 2nd walk on Wed I had made a full lap around the hall which was my goal by the end of the day. I continued walking and when the Dr came in that afternoon he said I was doing great and that if everything went well that night that I could go home on Thurs. I was so excited. He came in at 9 am on Thurs and said everything looks perfect you can go home. We were out of there by 11 and home by 12! The girls were so happy to see me of course keeping Blondie from jumping on my belly has been a bit difficult so we just pile the pillows on my belly and then she can walk on me and be happy. Little Peanut has stayed in my lap since I got home. She is so happy to have mommy home. Last night was good, I only woke up one time last night for pain meds and today has gone well too. I only took pain meds once today and I have walked part of the way down the street 2 times today. Now I am sitting on the patio with the puppies, the hubby and watching all the birds. We have tons of birds out here and there is a nice breeze blowing. So its really wonderful. Chris took pics at the hospital but I haven't downloaded them yet. I will get that done over the weekend and post some pics. I am feeling really good, sore but good and for that I am thankful. I go back to the Dr on Thurs for my followup. So if you have a moment pray for me to continue to feel good and that the soreness continues to diminish. Until next time blessings to all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment