Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I am over the moon......

At exactly 3:10pm this afternoon I got a call from Tricia the surgical nurse at Dr. Davis's office, and she said "I was calling to give you your confirmed surgery date and all the info you need"! I couldn't believe it.....I just got the insurance approval yesterday and they said it would take about a week. So the big day will be Tuesday May 19th! I will now start referring to this as D-Day! I am so excited, I can hardly sit still. I will go in on May 7th for all of my pre-opp labs and an appt with the Dr. and this is my chance to ask any questions and get my schedule for after care. Beginning on May 7th I will be on a liquid only diet that will consist of 5 Bariatric Advantage shakes and day, while drinking lots of water only. I am allowed to have Jello but not orange or red. I am a bit nervous about this part, but I have come this far over the last 7 months so I know I can do this too! The reason for this is they want to remove as much fat as possible from my liver so that it will shrink and reduce the risk of having complications due to the liver being damaged during surgery.

So I ask that everyone prays that everything goes well and I will continue updating as the big day approaches, which is only 3 weeks away! Can you believe it?

God Bless
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment