Monday, June 29, 2009

Chris's 1st post-opp appointment






Notice how Blondie insisted being in all the pics with daddy. These are his front, side and back pics from this morning before we went to the Dr.





Everything went great at the Dr today for Chris. His new weight is 325 lbs which is 14 lbs since surgery day and 18 lbs since his pre-opp appt at Dr. Davis's office. He said everything looks great and keep doing what you are doing. And he told Chris he is doing a great job. Then he looked at us both and said between the two of you, you have lost a whole person 109 lbs! How crazy does that sound. Chris is down a grand total of 54 lbs from the beginning. I am so proud of him and I can see his clothes getting really baggy on him already. I can also see his face shrinking. Funny how I can see it on him, but I still don't see it in myself. I see clothes fitting better and stuff like that but when I look in the mirror I still don't see it. Everyone around me sees it and its nice to hear them compliment me. I know when Chris goes back to work next week he will get the same reaction I got when I went back. He goes back to the Dr on 7/30 and I go back on 7/16. I am currently eating soft foods for 2 1/2 more weeks and he is still on pureed foods until next Thursday. Next Thursday he moves up to soft foods. We are both doing and feeling great. Its amazing how much better we both feel already.
I promise to try not to go so long before updating again. Until next time, blessings to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys -

    I stumble upon your blog from Olivia and Logan's blog and to tell you the truth, even though I've been following them for a while, I'm not sure how I found them! ANYWAY...my mom, both of my aunts and my grandmother all had Gastric Bypass about 5 years ago and have done great! Just wanted to let you know I've just read all of your blogs and I'm going to bookmark your blog to follow you too!! I know how excited my mom was and I can't wait to see the progression! (And yes...I can already see a difference!) CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete